Provides various personal care and related paraprofessional services in accordance with an established plan of care. Provides for the personal needs and comfort of patients in their homes.
- We provide flexible schedules
- Mileage reimbursement
- Web portal access to your schedule and care plans
- Payroll direct deposit
Nature of job:
We treat our caregivers like family! Caregivers provide paraprofessional services to the agency’s home care clients, as assessed in the care plan and in compliance with the client’s Service Agreement.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Experience as a caregiver in a home care setting or skilled facility.
- Must meet hiring criteria as defined in the agency’s minimum standards.
- Must be able to function with minimal supervision, accepting personal responsibility for maintaining a professional relationship with the client.
- Must accept responsibility for maintaining skills and learning on an ongoing basis, as well as adhering to agency policies.
- Responsible for assisting the agency’s clients with their personal care needs in accordance with the care plan and qualifications (CNA/PCP/HHA).
- Responsible for assisting clients with activities of daily living in a safe and beneficial manner.
- High school graduate or G.E.D certificate preferred.
- Must have State Licensure (Illinois).
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- 6 months to 1 year caregiving experience (in homes or facilities).
- Completion of a written Competency Evaluation.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English as needed for the job.
- Able to communicate effectively.
- Possess a valid driver’s license and have use of an insured automobile or access to adequate transportation for the job.
- Legal to work in the United States of America.
- Drug Free.
- No disqualifying convictions, Illinois – Fingerprint Background Check, Clean MVR & Background Check.
- Able to work an average of 20-40 hours per week.
- Able to bend, climb, stoop, and stand an average of 5 hours per day.
- Able to lift 20-30 pounds.
- Able to use tools necessary for job.